Economy of the Anand is very vibrant which ranges from farming to big scale industries. Major crops includes Tobacco and Banana. Anand is home to the famous AMUL Dairy. Vitthal Udhyog Nagar, very big industrial belt is located on the outskirts of the city. Many famous industries including [[Elecon Engineering|ELECON]] , Warm Steam, Milcent and Atlanta Electrics are situated in this industrial belt.
[[Amul]] is an Indian dairy cooperative, based at Anand in the state of Gujarat, India. Amul spurred India's White Revolution, which made the country the world's largest producer of milk and milk products. [[Amul]] is the largest food brand in India and has ventured into markets overseas.
==Points of interest==
[[File:Anand district, Gujarat map.png|thumb|Topographical map of Anand district]]
* [[Anand City]] - Information of [[Anand District]], the ''Anand Information Site''
* '''Anand City'''<ref>[http://anandct.com]</ref> - birthplace of [[Tribhuvandas Patel]]. - Founder of Anand Milk Union Limited and Cooperative movement.
* [[Amul]] - Origin of [[Operation Flood]], the ''White Revolution of India''
* [http://www.aau.in/english/Ext_EEI.asp Extension Education Institute, Anand]. - Regional Training Institute for Agricultiral Extension Functionaries of government lines Departments.[http://www.aau.in/english/Ext_EEI.asp] ''' Dr. A C Patel (Extension Education Institute, Anand)'''
* [[Anand Agricultural University]]<ref>[http://www.aau.in/rajarathinam/]</ref>
* ''' [[Dr. Arunachalam Rajarathinam Department of Agricultural Statistics Anand Agricultural University]] '''
* '''[[Karamsad]]''' - birthplace of [[Sardar Patel]]. Famous for Pramukh Swami Medical College.
* [[Khambhat]] - a historic and ancient port in the bay of Khambhat, known for its trade with foreign countries.
* [[Dakor]] - [[Hindu]] temple of Lord Ranchodrai a form of [[Krishna]].
* [[Pavagadh]] Fort - This is not in Anand district but in the nearby [[Panchmahal]] distrcit. Ruins of the fort have been designated a world heritage site by [[UNESCO]].
* [[Bhadran]] - was given nickname "Paris of [[Gaekwad]] state" due to its prosperity and civil works carried by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III about one century ago.
* [[Changa, India|Changa]] Charotar University of Science & Technology(CHARUSAT)
* [[Sardar Patel University]]- One of the well known universities in India. Located in Vallabh Vidyanagar in Anand District
* Anand known as a Milk City as Asia's Largest dairy located.