* '''a''': [[Shantanu]] was a king of the Kuru dynasty or kingdom, and was some generations removed from any ancestor called [[Kuru (kingdom)|Kuru]]. His marriage to [[Ganga (goddess)|Ganga]] preceded his marriage to [[Satyavati]].
* '''b''': [[Pandu]] and [[Dhritarashtra]] were actually fathered by [[Vyasa]] after [[Vichitravirya]]'s death. Dhritarashtra, Pandu and Vidura were the sons of Vyasa with Ambika, Ambalika and a maid servant respectively.
* '''c''': [[Karna]] was born to [[Kunti]] through her invocation of [[Surya]], before her marriage to [[Pandu]].
* '''d''': [[Yudhishthira]], [[Bhima]], [[Arjuna]], [[Nakula]] and [[Sahadeva]] were acknowledged sons of [[Pandu]] but were begotten by [[Kunti]]'s invocation of various deities. They all married [[Draupadi]] (not shown in tree) but she also had 5 sons. named [[Upapandavas]].
* '''e''': [[Duryodhana]] and his siblings were born at the same time, and they were of the same generation as their [[Pandava]] cousins.
* '''f''': After [[Dhritarashtra]] and [[Gandhari (character)|Gandhari]]'s rule in Hastinapura, [[Yudhishthira]] and [[Draupadi]] ascended the throne, not [[Arjuna]] and [[Subhadra]].
== వెలుపలి లింకులు ==