* [[Upendra Bhanja|Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja]].
* Sashi Bhusan Rath: born in [[Surada]]. He was a great personality and a social reformer at that period. He had elected to the vice-chairman of former "Berhampur Municipality" and to "Madras Assembly Council". He was the founder-cum-editor of the 1st [[Oriya language|Oriya]] daily "ASHA".
* [[Biju Patnaik]].
* [[A. P. Patro|Aneppu Parasuramdas Patro]]: [[Indian Justice Party|Justice Party]] leader and Education Minister in the [[Raja of Panagal]] government who is remembered for bringing about Communal G. O. 613 which introduced caste-based communal reservations for the first time in [[British India]].
* [[V. V. Giri]]: former [[President of India]].
* [[Biswanath Das]]:- He was the Prime Minister of Odisha Province of British India 1937–39, the Governor of Uttar Pradesh 1962–67 and later the Chief Minister of Odisha 1971–72.
* [[Siddhanta Mahapatra]], Film Actor, Politician
=== పర్యాటక ప్రదేశాలు ===
* మా శ్యామలా ఆలయం, హింజిల్కాటు పురుషోత్తంపూర్ సమీపంలో