వికీపీడియా చర్చ:సముదాయ పందిరి
Request for Bureaucrat permissionsసవరించు
Hi fellow users, editors and sysops,
I am currently sysop and I am requesting for Bureaucrat permissions on Telugu wikipedia to serve the community better. I would request your co-operation in this regard. Here is the link to my request.
Thanks - (వైఙాసత్య 19:45, 3 August 2005 (UTC))
May be from vikIkaraNa we can remove annamayya paaTaluసవరించు
Or is there anythig needs to be done.
I guess it is ok now.
- Hi 126.96.36.199, you did a very good job with annamayya pAtalu. I think we can now remove it from the vikikarana. For now I will take it off, but you can do it for yourself in future if see anything like that. Just put a note about what you did.
- Why dont you create an account ? So that I dont have to address you with weird numbers like 188.8.131.52 :-) --వైఙాసత్య 13:05, 8 August 2005 (UTC)
South Indian Inscriptions in Teluguసవరించు
Here is an e-mail I got back from whatisindia.com. they have tons of inscriptions concerning telugu/Andhra. If we translate them and put them here. That will be a very unique and tremendous resource for telugu people online/offline. --వైఙాసత్య 21:36, 12 August 2005 (UTC)
Hi Ravi: Thanks for contacting us regarding the inscriptions. I am glad that you liked them and found them useful. Our aim is to popularize India, its heritage, culture, and history. Therefore, you may translate the inscriptions to Telugu and post them on wikipedia. However, I would like you to provide a link to inscriptions.whatisindia.com from those pages. We would correspondingly add a link to those pages from http://www.whatisindia.com/issues/andhrapr/index.html the home page for Andhra Pradesh. Please let us know if we can help you with other materials. Sincerely, Aravind Sitaraman Editor-at-Large What Is India Publishers (P) Ltd
Abt a South Asian projectసవరించు
We have recently enabled Devnagari using this code. If you are interested, you can create a similar code for this script and incorporate it into Monobook.js as in this page. Hope you find this information useful. Thank you.--Eukesh 05:23, 16 డిసెంబర్ 2006 (UTC)
Requesting help in designing a barnstarసవరించు
- All Indian Languages using wikipedians,
- Further promotion of Indic language wikipedias needs mass media publicity like Print,Radio,telvision , aproaching in academic Institutions.
- Also if possible a level of field support from network engineers in India for presentation and training in usage of Indian Languages and wikipedia can be a added boon.
- May I call on all indic language wikipedia users,to put our hands together to design special barnstars or suggest one which can be awarded to all those who will support our noble cause with actual field support among Indian education institutions and Indian mass media or actual field 'network'help to users.
- I belive we should award barnstars to such users who can support the cause through online publicity like blogs , groups etc. also.
- Please do share any good development in this regards to all indic language wikipedias at विकिपिडिया: देवनागरी टेम्प्लेट परियोजना
- Thanks for giving a heads up --వైజాసత్య 16:31, 8 ఆగష్టు 2007 (UTC)
- తెలుగు వికీఖోట్ ని మూశేస్తున్నారంటా. ఏం చేద్దాం? ప్రస్తుతానికి అందులో పరిరక్షించుకోవటానికేం సమాచారం లేదు. అభివృద్ధి చేయటానికి మనకు వనరులూ లేవు. పోతే పోయింది భవిష్యత్తులో అభివృద్ధి చేయాలనుకుంటే ఒక ప్రతిపాదన పెట్టి మళ్ళీ ప్రారంభించవచ్చు అని నా అభిప్రాయం --వైజాసత్య 16:35, 8 ఆగష్టు 2007 (UTC)
- అవును మూసేయలనుకుంటే మూసేయనివ్వండి. మనం అక్కడ ఎట్లాగూ పెద్దగా చేస్తున్నది ఏమీలేదు. ప్రస్తుతానికి మూసేస్తేనే మంచిదేమో. తెలుగు వికీపీడియాలోనే మనకు సరిపడా వనరులు లేవు, ఇలా దానిలో కూడా మార్పులు-చేర్పులు చేస్తూ ఉండటం మనకు తలకు మించిన భారం అని నాకు అనిపిస్తుంది. కాసుబాబుగారు, అక్కడ(మెటావికీలో) ఒక నెల రోజులు సమయం అడిగారు మరి. ఆయన అక్కడ వ్యాసాలు చేర్చటానికి ఏమయినా ప్రణాళికలు తయారు చేస్తున్నారేమో!!! మూసేస్తున్నారనగానే, దానిని మూసేయకుండా ఉండటానికి అక్కడ చేర్చాల్సినవి ఏముంటాయని ఆలోచన చేస్తే మొదటగా నాకు తెలుగు సినిమా డైలాగులు గుర్తుకువచ్చాయి!!! __మాకినేని ప్రదీపు (చ • +/- • మా) 20:26, 8 ఆగష్టు 2007 (UTC)
The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone liveసవరించు
The LocalisationUpdate extension is now enabled for all Wikimedia projects. From now on new localisations that become available in SVN will become available to your project within 24 hours. Your localisations get into SVN from translatewiki.net typically within a day and at worst in two days. This is a huge improvement from the old practice where the localisations became available with new software. This could take weeks, even months.
The localisations done by our community at translatewiki.net are committed to SVN typically every day. When the system messages in English are the same as the local messages, they will now be inserted in a file and are available for use in all our projects in a timely manner
What this means for youసవరించు
Local messages have an impact on the performance of our system. It is best when messages are as much as possible part of the system messages. In order to remove unnecessary duplication, all the messages that have a local localisation and are exactly the same as the system message will be removed. What we ask you to do is to compare and proof read the messages in translatewiki.net and the local messages. You can then either remove local messages when the translatewiki.net message is to be preferred or, you can update the message at translatewiki.net.
Messages that are specific to your project will have to stay as they are. You do want to check if the format and the variables of the message are still the same.
Why localise at translatewiki.netసవరించు
When you localise at translatewiki.net, your messages will be used in all Wikimedia projects and eventually in all MediaWiki based projects. This is how we provide the standard support for your language. When messages change, at translatewiki.net you will be prompted to revisit your translations. Localising is more efficient because we have innovated the process to make you more efficient; there is text explaining about messages and we have applied AJAX technology to reduce the number of clicks you have to make.
- Currently 94.08% of the MediaWiki messages and 49.06% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 18:55, 30 సెప్టెంబర్ 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 97.03%of the MediaWiki messages and 50.32% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 17:49, 1 నవంబర్ 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 100.00% of the MediaWiki messages and 58.64% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:38, 14 డిసెంబర్ 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 100.00% of the MediaWiki messages and 65.09% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:13, 25 జనవరి 2010 (UTC)
How can we improve the usability for your languageసవరించు
We expect that with the implementation of LocalisationUpdate the usability of MediaWiki for your language will improve. We are now ready to look at other aspects of usability for your language as well. There are two questions we would like you to answer: Are there issues with the new functionality of the Usability Initiative Does MediaWiki support your language properly
The best way to answer the first question is to visit the translatewiki.net. Change the language to your language, select the “vector” skin and add the advanced tool bar in in the preferences and check out the new functionality. And make some changes in your user page. When there is a need to improve on the localisation, please make the necessary changess . It should update your localisation straight away. We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability_issues.
When there are problems with the support of MediaWiki for your language, we really want to know about this. It is best to report each issue separately. In this way there will be no large mass of issues to resolve but we can address each issue on its own. Consider issues with the display of characters, the presentation of your script, the position of the side bar, the combination of text with other languages, scripts. It is best to try this in an environment like the prototype wiki as it provides you with a clean, basic and up to date environment. The prototype wiki is available for five languages but you can select any of them, change the preferences to your language and test out MediaWiki for your language.
We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_issues. The issues you raise will all be assessed. It is important to keep each issue separate, because this will make it easier to understand the issues and find solutions.
PS This text has been approved by Naoko, Brion and Siebrand. Thanks, GerardM 18:55, 30 సెప్టెంబర్ 2009 (UTC)
Language support group for Teluguసవరించు
The Wikimedia Foundation has brought together a new team of developers who are dedicated to language support. This team is to support all the languages and consequently it is not realistic to expect that the team members can provide proper support for your language. It is for this reason that we are looking for volunteers who will make up a language support team.
This language support team will be asked to provide us with information about their language. Such information may need to be provided either to us or on a website that we will indicate to you. Another activity will be to test software that will likely have an effect on the running of the MediaWiki software. We are looking for people who clearly identify their ability. Formal knowledge is definitely appreciated.
WebFonts scheduled to go live on December 12సవరించు
Looking at a website, only to be presented with little squares is the result of a computer not having the fonts necessary to show the characters used for a language. There is a modern method of providing people with a missing font; this is done by sending a font together with the text that is to be displayed.
The Localisation team of the Wikimedia Foundation is working hard to finish the WebFonts functionaity. This will serve you with freely licensed fonts when these fonts are not present on your system. For regular users, there will be multiple fonts to choose from or to select none at all.
At translatewiki.net, we run the latest version of the WebFonts software at all times. This allows you to get familiar with the look and feel and follow its progress. To make it easy for you, we will copy the text of the article on your language from your wiki to the Portal:**/Webfonts page at translatewiki. The fonts that we use are the best Freely Licensed fonts we can find. For the Indic languages this is typically the Lohit font that is used in many Linux distributions.
The agenda of the localisation team is that WebFonts will go live on Monday December 12. At the India hackathon we learned about issues with some of the fonts and several issues we were able to resolve and others resulted in the filing of bugs at Red Hat. We are looking into having a triage meeting with Red Hat engineers to assess and address any and all issues.
When there are real issues that prevent the reading of the text, we may consider to postpone the WebFonts implementation for a particular language. We are open to technical solutions that improve the usability or acceptance. Apart from that, Wikipedia exist to bring information to everybody and WebFonts allows us to increase out audience.
We urge you to become part of the language support team for your language; language support teams are what we need because we cannot and do not know all the technical details of each language. Thanks, Gmeijssen 06:17, 25 నవంబర్ 2011 (UTC)
What IdeaLab campaigns do you want to see?సవరించు
(Please help translate to your language):
Hi everyone. I’m seeking your help to decide on topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns are designed to attract proposals from Wikimedia project contributors that address a broad gap or area of need in Wikimedia projects.
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation and review submitted campaign topics.
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey (in English)
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page.